Can you tell me what could be the cause of high levels on my liver function test (blood test)?

Several possible. Elevated Liver function tests may occur for a variety of issues from Fatty infiltration (hepatic steatosis), viral illnesses such as the hepatitis viruses, Alcoholism, increased use of medications that metabolize through the liver (such as Acetaminophen), cirrhosis, biliary disease, tumors, gallbladder disease, etc, etc. Get an evaluation for the most likely cause of your LFT elevations.
Several reasons. The common causes for elevated liver function tests in the clinic patients are drugs (including herbs, acetaminophen) or toxins (e.g. Alcohol), chronic hepatitis infection, and overweight/obesity. Usually, your doctor will order test to rule out hepatitis infection. Overweight/obesity has become the top cause for elevated liver function test in recent years. Be sure to get follow-up with a doc.
See below. • acute viral hepatitis (alt > ast) • toxic hepatitis, eg, acetaminophenalcoholic hepatitis (ast < alt) • cirrhosis (ast > alt) • vascular: right-sided congestive heart failure, shock liver, budd-chiari syndrome • biliary tract obstruction (followed by increased alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin) • nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (formerly nash) • metabolic, eg, hemochromatosis, wilson's.