How do I the swelling of tooth abscess down?

When the cause of. Swelling go away(infection) the sewlling go away.That happen with treatment.
Seek treatment. Swelling due to a tooth abscess is usually present because there is a source causing the area to produce pus. There are three ways to reduce this production: 1)eliminate the source (root canal or extraction), 2)antibiotics, 3) incision and drainage. Only option 1 will actually treat the source so it will no t return. Options 2 & 3 produce temporary results.
Warmth. If it is an infection, you want to reduce the pressure of the area with antibiotics. However, if the tooth has an opening to the mouth on the top of the tooth, gently cleaning the food debris from the area may allow the gases to escape and reduce the pressure. Warm compresses work also. Best bet, get an antibiotic and open the area. See your dentist!