Can I still shave if I have molluscum contagiosum?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Molluscum

The virus lives only in the skin and once the growths are gone, the virus is gone and you cannot spread the virus to others.
Molluscum contagiosum is not like herpes viruses, which can remain dormant (“sleeping”) in your body for long periods and then reappear. So, assuming you do not come in contact with another infected person, once all the molluscum contagiosum bumps go you are not contagious.

In brief: Molluscum

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Shave

You can - just that the molluscum contagiosum makes it a little difficult - they are benign condition but will bleed if "shaved" off.

In brief: Shave

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams