I have a floater in my right eye recently; why is this happening?

Vitreous changes. This is most likely from normal changes in the vitreous (jelly filling the eye), where it becomes more liquid and the base of the vitreous pulls away from the retina. It "crumples up" and leaves a blurred area of jelly floating around in the eye. I.E. Your floater. There can be associated tears to the retina which may lead to a retinal detachment, but is uncommon. You should have exam.