What is the best pain relief for my daughters severe diaper rash?

In brief: What to do

For diaper rash keep baby's skin clean & dry.
Change diaper as soon as it's soiled or wet. For healing allow baby to go without diaper for periods of time so affected area can air out. Avoid tight diapers or airtight covers over diaper. Meds your Dr. might recommend include antifungal cream (for fungus), a steroid cream (for significant inflammation) or an antibiotic (for bacterial infection.)

In brief: What to do

Dr. Audrey Rogers

In brief: Tylenol/motrin

I would use a barrier cream like desitin or a;d to cover the rash and keep the stool away from the skin.
You can also apply vaseline on top and when you change diapers you can wash off the stool and vaseline and pat dry and apply more cream and vaseline. Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Motrin are helpful to treat any type of pain.

In brief: Tylenol/motrin

Dr. Audrey Rogers
Dr. Audrey Rogers
Dr. Jonathan Jassey