What causes pain in the heels of my feet?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Heel pain
People usually describe pain in one of two places as "heel pain".
Pain on the bottom is typically due to plantar fasciitis (www.Drmarkgalland.Com 1/16/13), while pain on the back may be achilles tendonitis. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

In brief: Heel pain
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
In brief: Plantar fascitis
Most common cause of heel pain is from plantar fasciitis, a pull/sprain of the plantar fascia from where it attaches to the heel bone on the bottom on the foot.

In brief: Plantar fascitis
Dr. Gerard Kerbleski
Dr. Gerard Kerbleski
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Depends
If pain is to the bottoms of the feet the most common cause is plantar fasciitis.
The most common cause to the back of the heels is achilles tendonitis which may or may not include a 'pump bump.'.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine