I got an human papilloma virus vaccination, am I immune from genital warts?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Well no, but

The gardisil vaccine contains types 16 and 18 which cause 2/3rds of all cervical cancer and another half of vaginal, vulvar and anal cancers.
It also has types 6 and 11 which cause 90% of gential warts. So other types not in the vaccine can still infect you but it may prevent your risk for warts by a ton but not completely.

In brief: Well no, but

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice

Most probably yes, but I am not sure because I am not a gyn.
I would recommend call one of the healthtap gyn and they will be able to give a definite answer. My line of practice is in surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management of complementary medicine. Please call gyn healthtaps.

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: No

Genital warts are caused by human papilloma virus (hpv).
There are over 120 different strains of hpv and the currently available vaccines only protect against 4 of these strains. The strains it protects against are among the most likely to cause cervical cancer, but many of the strains not covered by the vaccine are also hazardous. The best way to protect from hpv infection remains "safe sex.".

In brief: No

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Patricia Roy

In brief: No

First of all, you need a series of 3 vaccines, not just one.
If you got all 3 gardasil, you will be protected against the 2 most common strains of hpv that cause warts, but not all of them, plus the 2 most common strains that cause cervical cancer. If you got cervarix, you have no protection at all against any of the strains that cause warts, only 2 of the most common to cause cervical cancer.

In brief: No

Dr. Patricia Roy
Dr. Patricia Roy
Dr. Jonathan Jassey