Is there a way to do a home microdermabrasion or skin-peeling without going to a dermatologist?

Bad idea. You wouldn't attempt to pull your own teeth, or take out your own appendix -- so why would you apply caustic chemicals to your own face? Only an experienced professional knows which combination of chemicals will work best on your particular type of skin, how long to leave them on, etc. You could scar yourself for life, trying to save a few bucks. Don't do it.
Microdermabrasion. There is only one, though minor, risk associated with microdermabrasion: tampering with the skin's color balance (in other words, you may get dark or light patches from micro dermabrasion). It's important to remember that pigmentary changes are common complications for other skin rejuvenation techniques, like laser resurfacing, dermal abrasion and chemical peels and scaring if done incorrectly.