Is obsessive christmas disorder related to obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: No such thing

There is no such thing as obsessive Christmas disorder mentioned in the DSM. That being said, there are people who take the Christmas spirit and go over the top with it, if you will, but this is not officially diagnosable.

In brief: No such thing

In brief: I had to look this

Up because i had never hear of obsessive christmas disorder. After googling a number of sites - i think it may be a comic term. For instance you can buy tee shirts or sweat shirts that say "obsessive christmas disorder".
I did read an article about how difficult the disruption of normal routine can be around the holidays for someone who has ocd. I read another article about people who do extreme.

In brief: I had to look this

shopping and are excessive in general during the holidays. If any of the other doctors know of an actual "Obsessive Christmas Disorder" would like to know more. Take care.