What are the latest treatments for bipolar disorder?

Alternatives to meds. Medications are essential but we have discovered that many alternative treatments help too like yoga, meditation, a light box and exercise and a good diet.
Agree w Dr Kinlan. There are continual advances in psychotropic medications - over the last decade excellent mood stabilizers have been used in treatment of Bipolar Disorder. It is very apparent that medication is only part of the treatment plan. Cognitive behavioral therapy, behavior modification, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Acupuncture &Acupressure are options.