How do they do a stress test to check for heart problems?

An ECG is done whil. It starts with a resting blood pressure and ECG before ewalking on a treadmill or cycling at a slow speed. Your heart rate & BP are monitored, as is your ecg, while both spped and inclination are increased. If you have physical sx, the test will be stopped. If the specialist sees st segment depression it indicates you have ischemia. But there are people with normal stress tests who die next wee.
↑ Heart Blood Flow. Exercise or IV medications given to increase heart rate & blood pressure: the heart pumps harder & faster & in turn needs more blood flow. The goal is to detect severe narrowing of the visible arteries. However, atherosclerosis does not narrow arteries, clots do, & the ekg or nuclear camera only detects major qualitative differences in capillary blood flow. Thus only severe disease ever detected.