I have a sore tongue on the sides, particularly where it hits my teeth?

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Constant irritation

Against rough teeth or dentures, partials will cause areas of ulcerations and blisters.
This can cause pain. Remove partials / dentures to heal your sores and have your dentist take a look. May have to smoothen any sharp edges of your teeth if that is the case.

In brief: Constant irritation

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Ice

Get small pieces of ice in you mouth.
Lightly suck on them. This will put you in the habit of sucking on ice instead of rubbing your tongue on your teeth.

In brief: Ice

Get small pieces of ice in you mouth.
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Sharp tooth

Sounds like a sharp tooth. See your dentist.

In brief: Sharp tooth

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Greg Rubin
if this is a symmetrical condition and appears on both sides of your tongue, some medical conditions may cause your tongue to be enlarged, also food allergies may cause this, in addition to possible dental/teeth problems
Dr. Cindy Juster