What is the difference between a psychopath and sociopath?

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Similar
Psychopath is determined by genetics. Sociopath is determined by environment.

In brief: Similar
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I don't know that this distinction holds. 4 percent of the population has antisocial personality disorder, much of which is genetic or learned. The smaller group of predatory psychopaths, like Dahmer,may be more likely genetic, but some have clearly learned psychopathy in groups, even to the point of canabalism. I just don't believe the distinction holds.I haven't seen it in a prison practice.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Interchangable
Essentially the terms are interchangeable, with neither really being worse than the other. The full, true clinical term is antisocial personality disorder, the hallmark of which is for the most part, a person who has no conscience.

In brief: Interchangable
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Jack Hinkle