I am a software develepor and have to work in night shifts. This has caused me severe back and neck pain. I have RA already. Pls advice.

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

The best advise is to discuss the issue with your rheumatologist.
The pain may be simply related to strains from constant computer use. However, the issue needs to be evaluated by the doctor most familiar with your arthritic issue. Finally, stop smoking. Tobacco use makes RA worse.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Arthritic Effects

Typically people with RA have predisposition for cervical arthritic and ligament laxity issues which could be causing your neck pain.
Obviously if this is happening it is also happening in your spine as well. I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to see what options are possible for you.

In brief: Arthritic Effects

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Vikram Patel