My friend is having chest pains sometimes near her heart sometimes a shooting pain in the centre of her torso/chest what could this be? [email protected]

Nerve pain. Fleeting, sharp shooting pains lasting seconds in the chest area may be due to pinching of the nerves that run between the ribs. These may be accentuated with a deep breath. Heart pains are not usually sharp and fleeting. Rib problems may cause sharp pains but usually have a tender spot also. Fleeting pains in the esophagus and lung pains are less likely causes of fleeting sharp chest pains.
Most likely trivial. Her young age and the characteristics of her pain (random occurrence), makes it exceedingly unlikely for it to be of cardiac origin;a visit to her pcp is advisable to help better define the cause of the pain.