I recently had a thyroidectomy, and now have a thyroglobulin level of 0.2. My doctor gave me the choice of doing rai treatments or not. I need advice?

Dr. Joseph Mathews
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Depends on the stage

Of thyroid cancer and chance of recurrence.
If you have a low stage and risk of recurrence, rai is frequently more harmful than beneficial. However, if you had a large tumor, aggressive variant, or metastasis then rai would likely be a good idea. It would also be important to know if it was a stimulated level.

In brief: Depends on the stage

Dr. Joseph Mathews
Dr. Joseph Mathews
Dr. Peter Selz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Thyroidectomy

Why did you have a thyroidectomy? If it was for cancer you might think about taking the radioactive iodine.
If not for cancer then probably not necessary

In brief: Thyroidectomy

Dr. Peter Selz
Dr. Peter Selz
Dr. Steven Seres