With significant cardiac family history (bypass, heart attack, aortic dissection x3) what tests should I request for myself; some symptoms of concern?

See MD. It seems you have high risk factors of atherosclerois, heart attack. The most common cause of aortic aneurysm is athersclerosis (historic only, used to be syphilis). Since you have the risks, see your doctor and discuss all the tests necessary, and there are some tests we don't usually perform in most people. Then discuss how to decrease the risks. Good luck.
See cardiologist. You need a basic screening - physical exam, blood work (lipid panel, cholesterol, glucose), and most likely a stress test by a cardiologist. Need to reduce/eliminate risk factors (weight, exercise, diet) symptoms would be chest pain (dull, pressure, esp. With exercise), shortness of breath family history is highly predictive of risk.