I have both premature ventricular contraction and mitral valve prolapse, so am I at an increased risk for something bad?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Possibly

At risk for cardiac arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats), such as atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter, with rapid ventricular rate, which could lead to ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation, which can be fatal.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Probably not but...

The devil is always in the details.
Both pvcs and mvp have a broad range of severities from insignificant to more serious. Obviously you have a physician who is working with you for you to have these diagnoses - please ask him/her this very question. That person will have all the facts that relate to your exact situation.

In brief: Probably not but...

The devil is always in the details.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham