How long does it take to get used to wearing a partial denture?

Dr. Matt Fulmer
Dentistry
In brief: Depends
The adjustment period for partial dentures varies greatly from patient to patient.
Some are quick to adapt and others struggle. My advice is to be stubborn and don't give up. The more you wear your partial, the quicker you will get used to it. Do not get frustrated and see your dentist for adjustments that may be needed.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Matt Fulmer
Dr. Matt Fulmer
Dr. Herman Liem
I agree with you sir. Persistence pay, however, if there is sore developing, please return to your dentist for an adjustment.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends
Some patients adapt within a week. Others may take longer.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: It varies...
To make the adjustment easier and perhaps faster, start with softer foods and work your way over time to firmer foods as you get comfortable.
I would also read aloud to get used to speaking with the partial denture. I would not suggest wearing this at night. Your oral tissues need time to rest and obtain more oxygenation.

In brief: It varies...
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Gary Alder
Dentistry
In brief: 1month/per decade
There is an old adage that states it takes on average a month per every decade a patient matures.
. This means if you are 60 years old expect to take 6 months to get comfortable with partial or full dentures. Unfortunately some people never adapt but fortunately we now have implants.

In brief: 1month/per decade
Dr. Gary Alder
Dr. Gary Alder
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dentistry
In brief: Can take a while
I tell patients to expect it to take several weeks before their tongue, lips, cheeks, etc become fully used to their new partials.
Just be patient and wear it as much as possible. You should see that you'll be speaking more naturally and chewing more comfortably before long...If you have any pain/discomfort, see your dentist for an adjustment.

In brief: Can take a while
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
In brief: Soon
Once the swelling is gone.
About a week.See your personal provider for further evaluation.

In brief: Soon
Once the swelling is gone.
Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
Dr. William Forsythe