How can we convince young people that pale skin is beautiful, to decrease skin cancer?

Sunscreen, check-up. Sunscreen and less intense sunlight exposure can really help lower risk of skin cancer. Frequent check-ups with your doctor/dermatologist also help greatly.
Education. It is a slow process, unfortunately. (along the lines of "how can we convince people to stop smoking? ") until it becomes hip to be pale, I recommend sunless tanning products, which can give the look without the aging and skin cancer effects.
Skin cancer. Show them pictures of skin cancer and sun damaged skin with wrinkles.