Irrational fear of sirens since tornadoes last year. What can we do?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below

It is not uncommon to have such reaction after a traumatic event; therapy can be very helpful; I have also found eft to be helpful in situations like this; it is a self help technique that is quite easy to learn and works on neutralizing the negative emotional connotation of a given past experience.
.. Google it and let me know how it works for u... Or if u need further assistance. Wishing u well.

In brief: See below

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry