Had kidney transplant can smoking can cigerettes and marijuana hurt my transplanted kidney in anyway or even make it fail on me.

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Harms blood vessels

Promotes arteriosclerosis which reduces blood flow to kidneys ; heart which promotes hypertension which in turn damages the kidneys.
Of course smoking improves your chances of developing lung cancer which can spread to the kidneys and kill you. Think of the generous kidney donor who has given you life.Transplanted kidneys have enough of a rough time without imposing additional unnecessary risk.

In brief: Harms blood vessels

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

Give it up! you took someone's kidney, so give it a great life! and you too! what a gift, that another could have lived for!

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology