White coating on the tongue and chronic dry mouth . Any tips , causes etc ?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Dry mouth

There are many causes of dry mouth and white coating on the tongue like side effect of certain medications, certain diseases and infections (diabetes, anemia) to name a few.
See your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment or referral to a specialist.

In brief: Dry mouth

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Causes and tips

There are causes for dry mouth like medications, systemic diseases and radiation treatment to the head.
Usually the white coating is plaque and can be removed by brushing or more effectively with a tongue scrapper. The dry mouth is sometimes treated with medication but usually treated with a saliva substitute... Many otc products.. I like spry because it contains xylotol which kills bacteria.

In brief: Causes and tips

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. Martin Morell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Smoke

R u smoking?

In brief: Smoke

R u smoking?
Dr. Martin Morell
Dr. Martin Morell
Dr. Jack Hinkle