Can i rinse my mouth with chlorhexidine if i think my wisdom teeth are infected?

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: Extraction

When the wisdom teeth are infected, the best treatment is wisdom teeth extraction.
Chlorhexidine rinse only help with the gum inflammation due to the fact it is a topical antibiotic. Chlorhexidine only indicated for short term used to control infection. Extract your wisdom teeth!

In brief: Extraction

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Donald Cohen
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Yes you can but it will only treat the active bacteria causing the problem. You more than likely need to have them removed to prevent the problem from returning.
See your dentist or oral ; maxillofacial surgeon as soon as you can.

Dr. Donald Cohen
Dr. Donald Cohen
Dr. Adam Smith