What could cause bloody diarrhea in an infant with no symptoms?

In brief: Never Normal

Bloody bowel movements are never a normal event.
The color of the blood sometimes gives you clues from where the blood comes from, the brighter the closer to the rectum and colon, the darker the higher in the g.I tract . It can be anything from a fissure in the anal opening due to hard stools, an infection, if your child has been in antibiotics, an allergy to milk, to bowel problems. Dr asap.

In brief: Never Normal

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Be sure your not feeding the kid red tropical punch or red Gatorade during its diarrhea. These two items account for a false "blood" scare.
Dr. Adam Smith