Hi, i suffer from asthma, i used symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) tubo inhaler 400. I found 2 which dated 2011. I appreciate they active ingredient might not be as effective but is it harmful or dangerous to use them?

Dr. Warren Wolfe

In brief: Don't use it

Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) is an excellent medication but i would not advise using an outdated product for a serious illness like asthma.
Has it been in your drug closet for a few years or did the pharmacist dispense an out dated medication? Don't fool around with asthma..

In brief: Don't use it

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Out of date

It would not be of any harm but it is out of date by more than a year and i would advise you not to use it as it is probably less than therapeutic in effect.

In brief: Out of date

Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology