I have been diagnosed with atypical ductal hyperplasia. I wasnt told much?

ADH (vasopressin) - risk marker. Long term, ADH (vasopressin) is a marker for elevated risk (2.5-4x's) and warrants increased screening (?Bmri) and possible chemoprevention. When found on a core biopsy, the standard is for open biopsy obtaining additional tissue to provide context for the pathology to exclude upgrading to dcis. It does not need to be completely excised with margins.
ADH (vasopressin) ADH (vasopressin) is an incidental finding seen on biopsy of mammographic abnormalities. While it is not a pre-cancerous lesion, women with ADH (vasopressin) have a 3-5-fold increased lifetime risk of breast cancer (in either breast); therefore, careful screening and possible chemoprevention is advised. It is often difficult to tell the difference between ADH (vasopressin) and dcis on core biopsy--surgical biopsy is often recommended.
Ductal hyperplasia. Atypical hyperplasia forms when breast cells become abnormal in number, size, shape, growth pattern and appearance. It is only a concern because of the thought that over years it might develop into a cancer, but, in fact, most cases do not. A lot of the false positives and overdiagnosis and overtreatment of "breast cancer" are due to this condition. I recommend just regular routine mammograms.