Arthrocentesis for tmj?

Good success rate! Tmj arthrocentesis is a minor procedure to treat internal derangements of the jaw joint. It involves only local anesthesia or possible I.V. Sedation, where a surgeon places a needle inside the upper joint space in front of the ear and "flushes out" the joint. It's been shown to be successful in relieving pain and locking caused by a displaced disc. Tmj arthroscopy is related and highly successful.
Perhaps. TMJ problems that do not respond to non-invasive treatment may respond to arthrocentesis. Make sure you see an oral surgeon who experienced with the complete range of surgical options.
Great option. Arthrocentesis is often times a great, minimally invasive option to treat some TMJ issues. Usually arthrocentesis procedures are most beneficial for those patients with acute, less than a few weeks, TMJ symptoms with specific point tenderness and a limited mouth opening. A board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be consulted to further help in your decision making.
Follow instructions. Arthrocentesis is a method of ?ushing out the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) by placing needles into the upper joint compartment using local anesthesia. I would assume that the surgeon who did the procedure would have provided instructions (i.e. Soft diet , exercises after a period of time.) a web address instruction letter can be found at: http://www.Eldoradohillsoralsurgery.Com/_media/pdfs/post-.