Arthrocentesis for tmj?

Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Good success rate!
Tmj arthrocentesis is a minor procedure to treat internal derangements of the jaw joint.
It involves only local anesthesia or possible I.V. Sedation, where a surgeon places a needle inside the upper joint space in front of the ear and "flushes out" the joint. It's been shown to be successful in relieving pain and locking caused by a displaced disc. Tmj arthroscopy is related and highly successful.

In brief: Good success rate!
Dr. James Bates
Dr. James Bates
Dr. Phillip Frist
Thank u, I Stand ccorrected. Have heard of several cases where this was done and quite successful
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Perhaps
TMJ problems that do not respond to non-invasive treatment may respond to arthrocentesis.
Make sure you see an oral surgeon who experienced with the complete range of surgical options.

In brief: Perhaps
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Great option
Arthrocentesis is often times a great, minimally invasive option to treat some TMJ issues.
Usually arthrocentesis procedures are most beneficial for those patients with acute, less than a few weeks, TMJ symptoms with specific point tenderness and a limited mouth opening. A board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be consulted to further help in your decision making.

In brief: Great option
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
In brief: Follow instructions
Arthrocentesis is a method of ?ushing out the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) by placing needles into the upper joint compartment using local anesthesia.
I would assume that the surgeon who did the procedure would have provided instructions (i.e. Soft diet , exercises after a period of time.) a web address instruction letter can be found at: http://www.Eldoradohillsoralsurgery.Com/_media/pdfs/post-.

In brief: Follow instructions
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jack Hinkle