Can you remove all your amalgam fillings after 40 years?

Dr. Craig Fisk
Dentistry

There is no special time limit for any dental restoration.
Some dental work lasts a lifetime and some does not last at all. Follow what your dentist recommends, he or she is trained to detect when restorations show signs of failing. It is also perfectly acceptable to have them replaced if you are concerned about the way they look. Removing old fillings is safe and sometimes recommended.

Dr. Craig Fisk
Dr. Craig Fisk
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dentistry

Amalgam fillings are controversial in some circles due to their mercury content.
One side says they're safe, the other says they aren't. I have amalgam fillings in my mouth, and i occasionally place them in my patients' teeth. I have also replaced amalgam fillings with tooth-colored fillings in patients concerned about the mercury...It's a long discussion, but yes, amalgam can be replaced.

Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. Marsha Davis