Amalgams are toxic--even the fda admitted that recently. Do dentist put them in just for money?

Not for money. Amalgam has toxic chemicals...So does plastic...So does toothpaste...But when used properly the toxicity is minimal and a non-factor. If amalgam was so bad dentist, assistants, and hygienest would be the first ones to show signs of toxicity especially those that use to handle hg with their hands....Hasn't happen. They work! dentist collect less from them so not the money.
No. Amalgams are actually the least expensive material that dentists use. It is also one of the most long lasting. There are many reputable studies that show the safety of the material. What is not often discussed is that many of the alternative materials also contain toxic materials. There is no tooth replacement material that is perfect.