If I broke my middle finger, can their be any complications if I don't go to a dr?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Depends on break...

If the break is displaced or involves the joint (the parts where your fingers bend), or a bone fragment is ripped off with a tendon, then you're at risk for more complications down the road.
I.E arthritis of the joint, unable to fully bend the finger, etc. We use our hands a lot, and to lose even a little bit of function can be a big deal... If it were me, i'd see the doctor.

In brief: Depends on break...

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Broken finger

Yes there can be comlications.
It is true most of the finger fractures will heal if you do not use the finger.But the treatment is very simple requiring splinting the fingers in most of the cases will be enough to heal the fracture without complications.But if the bones are displace, or you you keep using the finger, there can be mal union and chronic swelling and pain which may require surgery lat

In brief: Broken finger

Yes there can be comlications.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Arnon Rubin