I might of tore something in my hamstring but im getting a lot of achiness in my knee and side of leg the outside part is that normal?

Yes. The hamstrings start on the pelvis and attach below the knee.
Need exam. While you might have strained or tore part of your hamstring muscle, you may have also injured the iliotibial band or other muscle. It's important to know what area is injured which is why you need an exam to do the appropriate treatment and exercises to rehab the injury.