I am 26 weeks pregnant and have started having dull painsin the middle of my chest. I have a slight case of excerciseinduced asthma and placenta previa. Are there any precautions that I need to take?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See your MD

You need to see your doctor for evaluation for your asthma.
Your asthma should be kept in good control while you are pregnant to ensure that you provide optimal amounts of oxygen to your unborn baby.

In brief: See your MD

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Agree but also

I agree w dr carter, but you could also have a blood clot in the lung blood vessels.
Call your ob, who may advise that you should be seen in the closest emergency department.

In brief: Agree but also

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Gary Steven

In brief: See an allergist

You need to see an allergist.
Worsening asthma symptoms during pregnancy can lead to additional problems with the pregnancy itself. Since you already have a condition that increases the risk of adverse outcomes of your pregnancy, you need to manage the potential problems that you can. You can't do anything about the placenta previa, but you can keep the asthma controlled.

In brief: See an allergist

You need to see an allergist.
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Steven Hill

In brief: May be serious

This could indicate a problem such as throwing a clot - if this is new you should call your OB doctor and discuss.
If it is increasing in severity you should consider emergency care.

In brief: May be serious

Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Jane Van Dis