Please tell me, could i get gastric bypass surgery at 16?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: 16yo gastric bypass

Can you? Yes. Should you? That will take a lot of discussion to determine.
You should only be evaluated for gastric bypass surgery at place that has an adolescent weight loss surgery program. Very few places around the country have that. The work up process for a 16yo is much different than an adult. Make sure you go to a surgeon that has done thousands of gastric bypasses. Experience counts.

In brief: 16yo gastric bypass

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Martin Raff
This is the only surgical procedure procedure I am aware of which is being performed to correct a psychosocial disorder. The inability to maintain caloric intake and regular exercise is the best means of correcting obesity. This surgery also has numerous complications, as noted by Dr. Nishi's suggestion about finding a surgeon.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery