Is there a pill I can take before a meal to lower my glycemic intake?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Probably but...
There are many otc supplements that claim to curb appetite and burn fat while you sleep but none of these claims can be validated.
There are no safe prescription medication to adequately control your appetite. The bottom line is: limit your diet to fruits, vegatables and lean protein.

In brief: Probably but...
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Acarbose/miglitol
Acarbose and Miglitol and colesevelam all decrease the amount of carbohydrate that you absorb from food.
They don't decrease the amount you eat, although they may discourage you from eating carbs. The more carbs you eat, the more malabsorption you get, meaning more gas and diarrhea.

In brief: Acarbose/miglitol
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Keegan Duchicela