24wks pg. At last sono I noticed that from my the baby in uterus to my short, .4cm cervix was a large v-shaped void of nothing. Is this "funneling"?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Hard to say
An experienced perinatologist would always want to see images or to at least know the sonographer or sonologist who did the ultrasound study.
Therefore, we cannot provide an answer for you here. However, if you are already considered high risk due to short cervix and/or history of preterm labor or birth, you are probably in the care of OB or mfm (maternal-fetal medicine) and could contact them.

In brief: Hard to say
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
In brief: Funneling
A cervix of only .
4 cm is very short at 24 weeks. That v-shaped black area pointing to the cervical os is funneling. There are signs of an increased risk of a premature birth. A cervical cerclage or vaginal Progesterone are two therapies used in this situation.

In brief: Funneling
A cervix of only .
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Patrick Weix
In brief: Possible
Your description matches what funneling often looks like, but without seeing the images it is impossible to say.
Since your cervix is short (0.4 cm you said?), they are likely following you closely and would be happy to tell you.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham