I just have 3 days taken bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) 2 times a day and I still going to the bathroom like 6 times in those 3 days what can I do please?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Not getting better?
You should call your doctor and let them know.
Sometimes, the bacteria that cause bladder infections can be resistant to the antibiotics doctors give. We like to send what's called a "urine culture", to know for sure what medicines kill the bacteria. If your symptoms aren't improving, the bacteria might be resistent to Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) and you may need a different one. Good luck!

In brief: Not getting better?
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
If you mean urinating, then it's probably because the infection wasn't treated properly. You might need a different antibiotic. Usually you get a response from antibiotics within 24-48 hours.
Dr. Steven Seres