I have a constant pain in my right hip area. Xrays show nothing but a rough edge has formed on my hip bone...What can I do to get rid of this pain?

Let me help. This means you have some arthritis in the hip, use medication for that (motrin). If did non work have an orthopedic surgeon give steroid injection. Good luck, thank you.
Hip Impingement. More information is needed regarding the "rough" edge. You may have a condition referred to as femoroacetabular impingement where "extra" bone may be causing pain. In these cases, physical therapy, injections, or arthroscopic surgery may be indicated. If the extra bone is from arthritis, a more invasive surgical procedure may be required.