What causes a recurring swollen eye in an infant. No redness or discharge. Swelling usually goes down the same day and has happened 3 times in 4 weeks?

In brief: May be the tear duct
You do not mention what part of the eye.
If it is close to the tear duct, sometimes in newborns and slightly older infants, a tear duct occlusion may cause local swelling to the area.

In brief: May be the tear duct
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Robert Patterson
In brief: Infants swollen Eye
Depending on the age of the infant.
..This can be worrisome( for newborns until perhaps 6 months) due to the types of infections, etc. A good discussion that should help you with this can be found at- http://tinyurl.Com/798odtx usually this is an easy thing to remedy...But get it checked out by either your local primary care doc (fp or pediatrician) or a local eye doc.

In brief: Infants swollen Eye
Depending on the age of the infant.
Dr. Robert Patterson
Dr. Robert Patterson
Dr. Robert Patterson
anything is possible, but I doubt the shots had anything to do with it..though idirectly I guess they could. If you are in an area where there is a pediatric opthamologist..that is where I would go at this point. If not then I would have your doc look to see if there is "pus" coming out of the tear duct. I would culture it checking for what type of bacteria. me know if further ???'s
Dr. Shontae Buffington