How can I tell when my 6 month old baby has fluid in his ear after he's had an ear infection and taken all antibiotics as he keeps pulling at ear how?

See below. It is not too uncommon that infant continues pulling at ear even after ear infection subsides. As long as infant remains afebrile and playful, "wait and watch" approach for 2 weeks is reasonable. The fluid accumulated in middle ear as a part of ear infection takes 2-4 weeks to clear up after acute inflammation subsides.
Effusion middle ear. Only your doctor can tell by otoscopic exam. Tympanometry, part of hearing test can also confirm fluid in middle ear.