My last period was jan 2 and ended on jan 7. I had protected sex on jan 8 and now my period is four days late and I got a negative pregnancy test?

Wait a little. Many things can delay your period, including simple stress. Pregnancy sounds unlikely from what you describe. If you go three months without a period than a workup is indicated.
Periods vary. But if you're concerned you may be pregnant, repeat your test in a few days. But with protected sex, its very unlikely that you are.
Watchful waiting! Low probability of pregnancy as you tell it? Recheck in a week.