Hi, I have been having a light "period?" for 10 days now which consists of bright red blood and sometimes brown blood. Its enough blood to fill one p

Dr. Barbara Toppin
In brief: See your MD
There are many reasons for abnormal bleeding including, hormonal imbalance, thyroid or other medical problems and stress .
Fibroids, polyps, thickened lining and adenomyosis ( endometriosis of the uterus) may also cause abnormal bleeding. Your doctor will diagnose your problem and make a treatment plan with you if needed.

In brief: See your MD
Dr. Barbara Toppin
Dr. Barbara Toppin
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
General Practice
In brief: See your doctor
Changes in menstruation, especially ones that are very different from your norm, warrant a to visit to your doctor. The bright red blood bothers me more than the 10 days.
Unless this is something you have had before, i would make an appointment with your doctor sooner rather than later.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
2 comments
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
Your age and health history would make a difference in the likely diagnoses. Physical and sexual activity would also affect this. I have even had one of my patients come in with an unusual urinary tract infection in which they thought that the blood was coming from their menstruation when in fact the bright red blood was from the bladder. At this point it does not sound dangerous.
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
It sounds like you are tolerating it relatively well. I would watch it over the weekend and if not resolved by Monday make sure you get in touch with your own doctor. Best wishes
Dr. Jane Van Dis