Can i take 60mg of restoril and 2 mg of Xanax (alprazolam) for sleep?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Restoril + Xanax (alprazolam)

Are in the benzodiazepine class of drugs and equally effective for short term treatment for insomnia.
Adding a sleep hygiene, lifestyle and behavior changes to the mix could improve your sleep.

In brief: Restoril + Xanax (alprazolam)

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Drug abuse

If you are using doses four times above normal; or are using these daily; then you have built up a tolerance and are most likely addicted.
Addiction is a disease of the brain and this will not end well. I would request some help. If your doctor is prescribing this amount for you, please consider getting in to see an addiction psychiatrist.

In brief: Drug abuse

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian