I am 27 weeks pregnant I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes a couple off weeks ago will I need to be induced?

In brief: No increased odds
If you keep your gestational diabetes well controlled, & no other complications arise, you are no more likely to need to be induced than any one else.
Keeping your diabetes controlled is very important; your risk of problems is directly related to how well controlled your sugars are. Been there, done that, know how hard it is- good luck!

In brief: No increased odds
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: No, need control of.
If your diabetes (sugar level) is mild, you may be able to control with just diet and continue with your exercises etc.
.If not able to do so, your doc may add meds or Insulin to help control it. Persistent high sugar = more food for baby, thus baby grows fast without maturing etc..So, if you can control sugar nicely either way, you/baby should be fine. Regular follow-up is needed. Good luck..

In brief: No, need control of.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Steven Seres