I have a sore throat neck pain when looking down & up, inflamed tonsils, small red lumps far back on my tongue, dizziness, fatigue, could you please help?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Virus

You gave symptoms of a viral, infection.
The best thing you can do at this time is to stay hydrated, drink lots of fluids, eat moderately. Things like chicken soup are good. Use ibuprophen or tylenol (acetaminophen) to help with the pain. See a doctor if you are getting worse or do not start to feel better in a day or two.

In brief: Virus

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine

In brief: No way

To tell you the cause, but viral upper respiratory infections are much more frequent than bacterial.
So if i were to guess i would guess a self limited viral pharyngitis and recommend either tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen or Naproxen for pain control, rest, fluids, and some patience.

In brief: No way

Dr. James Burns
Dr. James Burns
Dr. Peter Kurzweil