Lately I've had a few red bumps appear on my legs and one on my arm. They are red with a white head and go away fast could it be herpes?

Folliculitis. The most common explanation for scattered self-limiting minute pustules is infected skin pores. An antibacterial soap, avoidance of scratching and scrupulously cleaned fingernails are useful to prevent skin infections.
Herpes simplex. The description you provide does not necessarily suggest herpetic infection, nor do the areas involved. The only way, however, to determine what these are is to have them examined by a physician. Go and see somebody and deal with these effectively. Good luck.