I cut my finger deep while cleaning squrriel should I be worried. I wash the cut out and then put antibiotic ?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes got to ER
Although the chance for rabies is low, there is a higher chance for a wound infection which could lead to more serious consequences.
I would advise at least one dose of IV antibiotics, in my opinion.

In brief: Yes got to ER
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: See doctor.
Squirrel or not, when the hand or finger is cut deep, we always want to make sure there's no damage to the tendons (the things that help move your hands and fingers).
You did the right thing by irrigating it out right away with warm, clean water & putting on some antibiotic ointment. For deep cuts, try to see your doc within 6-8 hours - less chance of infection if you need stitches. Good luck!

In brief: See doctor.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela