Lying down in bed I sometimes get a sharp pain in my chest, depending how I move. Perfectly healthy otherwise. No pain when standing. Any ideas?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Probably musculoskel

Positional pain that is reproducible is most likely going to be a musculoskeletal issue.
It could be a irritation in the lining of the chest cavity (pleuritic or pleurisy). With lying down, you will have organs move with position (heart, lung, etc) and this can cause pain if there are adhesions, inflammation, or other processes. Probably no significance but with recurrence, i'd get it checked!

In brief: Probably musculoskel

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: CP

Chest pain on movement is most likely to be muscular in origin.
However recommend to see your doctor.

In brief: CP

However recommend to see your doctor.
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine