Perianal strep, my daughter has it & is in a lot of pain & really sick, she just got meds but should I b more concerned, anything I need 2 watch 4?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Should Respond
If strep is the causative agent, then he should respond to the proper antibiotic within 24-48 hours.

In brief: Should Respond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Fevers.
Usually antibiotics for perianal strep take 24-36 hours to start working.
After that, the pain and redness should be improving. In the meantime... If the pain is increasing, the rash is spreading, she's either getting nauseated, lethargic (tired and limp), or starts developing a fever... It never hurts to check in with your doctor and give them an update - they'd want to know! good luck!

In brief: Fevers.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Vikram Patel