Will an ovarian cyst show up on an abdominal cat scan?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Maybe
The ovaries are in the pelvis and an abdominal ct frequently will not pick up the ovaries.
If there is suspicion of a problem with the ovaries in particular, the best imaging of the ovaries is with a transvaginal ultrasound.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Likely so, if...
A ct scan is an excellent test to see intra-abdominal/pelvic organs, but just abdominal scan may not go down far enough to completely visualize the ovaries.
I suspect if you have trouble in lower abd, the test would be ordered for both abdominal/pelvic ct which sure will see the ovaries.. Best of luck to you.

In brief: Likely so, if...
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Jane Van Dis